- -Educate pregnant & lactating mothers on how to take care of themselves and their new-borns
- - Weigh the kids of the slum every month to identify malnourished children and admit them in their day care center for treatment
- - SNEHA’s foot soldiers are none other than women from the slum who go door-to-door and carry out this intervention. These foot soldiers use smart phones to upload data in real time!
Reducing malnutrition in Dharavi
SNEHA is a Mumbai based NGO which is successfully reducing malnutrition in Mumbai’s urban slums – Dharavi, Kandivali, and Mankhurd-Govandi. SNEHA’s work has been featured on top news channels such as NDTV.
How you can help
- 1) Donate: Provide milk to kids with moderate or severe malnutrition in Dharavi:
Rs 1.5 lakh needed
- 2) Volunteer: Calling photographers and aspiring journalists! SNEHA needs volunteers for photo essays and case writing to document its amazing results in reducing malnutrition. An excellent opportunity to add good work to your portfolio
Donate Online Donate by Cheque
Dharavi Project Site
310, 3rd floor, Urban Health Centre
60 Feet Road, Dharavi, Mumbai 400017
Tel : 91 22 24042627 / 24086011